Tactile Imaging: Medical Imaging Modality
- Tactile imaging can be defined as medical imaging modality in which sense of touch is translated into a medical image. This image is a pressure map generated after the directions of the tissue deformity are specified.
- Tactile imaging finds application in analyzing tissue deformities, organ disorders, and disease conditions wherein mechanical properties are altered, such as muscle mobility, tissue elasticity, support structure, and contractile strength. Tactile imaging system includes a probe associated with pressure sensor array, an electronic unit, and a computer or a laptop.
- Biomechanical mapping is a combination of tactile imaging and functional tactile imaging, which provides immense opportunities in the field of medical imaging, targeted treatment, diagnosis, and monitoring
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Tactile Imaging Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tactile Imaging Market
- Tactile imaging is primarily employed in imaging of prostate, vagina, breast, pelvic, and myofascial trigger points in muscles. Rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases associated with breast, prostate, vagina, and others, including cancers, contribute to the growth of the tactile imaging market. Prostate cancer is considered to be one of the most common cancers affecting men. Its prevalence was reported in over 600,000 men in the U.S. and Europe in 2017.
- Demand for tactile imaging is expected to increase, owing to its ability to diagnose, evaluate, and provide a key surgical response to every individual patient basis. This patient-to-patient basis analysis, which is becoming a vital part of the health care, contributes significantly to the growth of the tactile imaging market.
- Additionally, due to rise in the baby boomer population and increase in focus on proactive and effective preventative care, the use of tactile imaging to provide a new dimension in managing patient outcomes has increased, thus driving the tactile imaging market
- Increase in investments and adoption of advanced devices provide significant growth opportunities to market players. Furthermore, multiple ongoing studies are expected to help in the development of new products. This will augment the growth of the global tactile imaging market.
- Shortage of radiologists to meet the increasing demand for imaging and diagnostic services is likely to affect the tactile imaging market. According to the data released by the Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) in 2017, the U.K. does not have sufficient radiologists to meet the imaging and diagnostic demand in the NHS. The U.K. has the least number of radiologists per person in any country of Europe, with a shortage of 1,000 radiologists.
Asia Pacific Tactile Imaging Market to Grow at Significant Rate
- In terms of region, the global tactile imaging market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In terms of revenue, North America is projected to dominate the global tactile imaging market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rise in the prevalence of prostate and breast cancer, among others, which is contributing to the increase in patient population. Moreover, significant technological advancements, adoption of advanced modalities for imaging, and high disposable income are contributing to the growth of the tactile imaging market in the region.
- The tactile imaging market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the booming health care industry and increase in acceptance and adoption of new diagnostic imaging modalities, such as tactile imaging. Additionally, rise in prevalence of medical tourism is likely to propel the market in the region. Furthermore, increase in the number of diagnostic imaging centers in Asia Pacific countries, such as India and Singapore, among others, is aiding in the growth of the tactile imaging market in the region. According to the Globocan data, 162,468 new cases of breast cancer were registered in 2018 and 87,090 patients succumbed to the condition in India. Breast cancer diagnosis using tactile imaging is expected to propel the growth of the tactile imaging market.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global tactile imaging market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers dominating the market. High cost of devices and stringent regulations are restricting new entrants from entering into the market. Key players operating in the global market include:
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Artann Laboratories
- FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc.
- Seno Medical Instruments, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Canon Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- TomoWave Laboratories, Inc.
Global Tactile Imaging Market: Research Scope
Global Tactile Imaging Market, by Product Type
- Vaginal Tactile Imager
- Breast Tactile Imager
- Prostate Mechanical Imager
Global Tactile Imaging Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
Pre Book Full Report Now @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=72665<ype=S