Commercial Glazing Market: Overview
- Commercial glazing is a glazing system installed in commercial buildings. It is a double- or triple-layered glass. Commercial glazing helps control pollution, heat, and emission of CO2 as well as black carbon. Changes in climate strongly influence the energy used in the building sector.
- Demand for cooling increases as climate gets warm, while demand for heating rises as climate becomes cold. Commercial glazing helps maintain the body temperature of humans and save energy. Installation of commercial glazing glass reduces the need for air-conditioners, which emit carbon dioxide. This, in turn, reduces pollution. It also saves electricity and ultimately energy.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Commercial Glazing Market? Ask for the report brochurehere
Key Drivers of Commercial Glazing Market
- The global commercial glazing market is driven by the increase in urbanization and globalization; and rise in trend of green buildings. Demand for commercial glazing varies according to geography, lifestyle, culture, climate, and level of development.
- Increase in population and urbanization leads to pollution and higher usage of energy. Commercial glazing helps reduce pollution as well as usage of energy by maintaining temperatures and lowering the use of pollution-causing appliances such as air-conditioners, refrigerators, and heaters.
High Cost Associated with Production of Commercial Glazing Likely to Hamper Market
- Technologies used for the production of commercial glazing are complicated and expensive. It is difficult for the new player to enter into the market due to this criticalities.
- Low automation of the production process and high energy consumption result in high production cost of commercial glazing. This is restraining the global commercial glazing market.
Glass Commercial Glazing Held Major Share of Commercial Glazing Market
- Based on material, the global commercial glazing market can be segmented into glass, plastic, acrylic, and polycarbonate. Glass is a popular and traditional material used for commercial glazing. Glass used for glazing is double or triple glazed to give added benefits of thermal performance and acoustic insulating properties.
- Plastic helps save cost and energy, as different types of plastics provide different optical benefits. Acrylic provides more benefits than glass; it is 50 times stronger than glass and half its weight. Lighter the material more easy it is to handle.
Outdoor Glazing to Boost Demand for Commercial Glazing
- In terms of application, the global commercial glazing market can be bifurcated into indoor and outdoor. The indoor segment includes mirrors, furniture & cladding, acoustic glass, glass floors, partitions, balustrades, and others. In indoor applications, glazing helps limit natural heating from the sun and maintain temperature inside the building. Lighting, computers and other equipment create more heat than the outside temperature.
- The outdoor segment comprises solar panels, windows, teller & drive-thru windows, and atriums. Glazing does not allow the temperature to enter the room or building. It absorbs and reflects it on to the environment.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Commercial Glazing Market
- Based on region, the global commercial glazing market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to the high demand for commercial glazing in the building & construction industry in the region. The market in developing countries, such as China and India, is estimated to expand at a significant pace in the near future, owing to the growth in the building & construction industry.
- The market in North America is projected to expand during the forecast period, led by high demand for window glazing in the U.S. and Canada. The commercial glazing market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Commercial Glazing Market here
Key Players in Global Commercial Glazing Market
The global commercial glazing market is majorly driven by the top manufacturers, which account for approximately 50% share of the market. Major players operating in the global commercial glazing market include:
- Saint-Gobain Glass
- Central Glass
- Xinyi Glass
- Kibing Group
- Cardinal Glass Industries Ubbink (UK)
- English Architectural Glazing
- Duplus Architectural Systems
- Boon Edam UK Brett Martin Daylight System